Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Spring to Life

I've never understood peoples aversion to the arts.  The arts in all it's various forms, both reminds and shows me a view of the world that's passionate, brighter and darker, more vibrant.  I refuse to allow others to diminish that view.  There was a time in my life where happiness, passion, and hope were the things of dreams.  I do not want to go back to a world without that light.  I want this feeling to last forever.

I want to leave something more than impressive birthday and holiday cards to remember me by.  There is so much beauty in the world.  And that's all that matters.  Inspiration.  Passion.  Love.  The heart wants what it wants.  Who are we to deny it?  Apparently, that old mix CD I listened to was a gateway drug.  I'm going to need a more substantial fix.  It's part of the reason I am so madly in love with The Pirate.  He's openly passionate, and hasn't an issue expressing that I am someone he's passionate about.  I don't have to beg for his attention. 

The passionate mind however, can be selfish.  It's so focused on what it desires, reason becomes background noise.  I have never been one to mince words with what I want.  I've never expected my partner to be a mind reader, thus I've been known to state "I want you, now."  I hear so many others wandering around in a fog of indecision and lackluster lives.  There are many nights they could have been with the one that they desire.  However they chose to stay home, partake in things that require no connecting with others.  Days they could have spent sucking the marrow out of life, instead of wasting time building a résumé for a life they'll never have. 

There were parts of me that were dead for so long.  I am eternally grateful that I now have a partner who inspires me to always allow my passions to not just spring to life, but to be celebrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment