Monday, December 3, 2018

On the very short list of things that keep me up at night there is one question: is the human intellect sufficiently sophisticated to pose the questions it is powerful enough to answer?

Are we missing something? If the data required to perceive the mystery is missing, do we have a chance to discover the benefits (or apprehensively, its detriments) to our existence?

If the Great Filter can be applied to anything other than life elsewhere, is it possible that it's neither our answers nor our outcomes that are wrong, but that the arguments and questions we present about them that lack nobility and honesty?

And here, even here, where I surrender to my own doubts and insecurities, I worry that the questions I had hoped would lead me to find a semblance of moral and intellectual honesty are simply incomplete.

No comments:

Post a Comment