Friday, June 8, 2018

Tread Lightly

A touch as soft as velvet
A voice as sweet as wine
An everchanging presence
With a stimulating mind
A smile that rivals sunshine
Her laughter light upon the breeze
Her general aura is embracing
But she's apt to change with ease


I can be loud and brash, within the right circumstances and company.  More often than not however, I even while laughing and joking around am quietly listening and watching.  I observe, continually what others do over what they say; but I am always listening to what is said as well.  My circle is tight and kept that way with good reason.  There are those whom believe themselves "friends" when they are by my standards nothing more than acquaintances.  My life and feelings wouldn't change should they happen to disappear from this world tomorrow.

Life will always continue thusly.

Should someone think themselves worthy of my time and or attention, they had best bring their A game.  I suffer not those whom think themselves superior, rockstars clamoring for attention, or closed minded bigots with diarrhea of the jaw.  I've found of the years nd even recently that those with said afflictions never have a clear grasp of the woman I am, or the meaning behind my silent smile.

More's the pity for them.

One such, human as entered my life over the past three months.  She's proven herself lacking and as of yet hasn't discerned the intent behind the silent smile.  Yet she persisted and pushes the closer to the line in the sand made of crushed glass and foes of yore.  Not ever sensing the danger she eagerly throws herself towards.  Chosen ignorance, a clear lacking of decorum, social grace, and common sense are humorous to be certain.  But like all jokes, told too oven and with far too much bravado, they not only cease to be funny; they become tiresome to the point of utter rejection.

I've grown, I've matured, I've sought out better manners in which to deal with conflict.  Yet there in the shadows lurks the attitude and fortitude to back it all up, when the need arises.  For all concerned I truly hope she learns to tread lightly and understand the company she wishes to keep.  I am far from above putting her in her place, harshly.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment