Friday, January 25, 2019

I Lock The Door

There's a running joke, not really funny ha ha; or maybe it is to them.  They don't understand, how could they?  They are not mind readers and I am not one to talk about it at great length.  It's simpler to just, lock the door.

"You afraid there's a boogie man?"  They joke.  I simply smile and lock the door.  They shake their heads, and tease, "no ones going to rob this house!"  I simply smile, and lock the door.

I lock the door because I'm not her.
I lock the door because home is supposed to be a safe place.
I lock the door because I don't want to talk.
I lock the door because I don't want to hear it.
I lock the door because this is mine.
I lock the door because I don't like them.
I lock the door because I don't trust them.
I lock the door for privacy.
I lock the door because they are disrespectful.
I lock the door for my own sanity.
I lock the door because I don't want to share...
I lock the door because I protect what's mine.
I lock the door because I am tired...
I lock the door because they are racists.
I lock the door so I can breathe.
I lock the door so I can cry.
I lock the door because I don't feel safe.

You laugh.  I'll smile and simply lock the door.



No comments:

Post a Comment