Monday, March 1, 2021

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

I finally had a chance to talk to my brother today.  He' doing his best to sound, jovial but I can hear the truth of it all it in his voice.  He is struggling again with his anxiety and his depression.  Under it all, under all the jokes, he's just so sad.  I understand that, he said his ex girlfriend is still abusing the drugs and doing the "save me" routine.  She's always been tis way.  It's what drew him to her in the first place.  He's got a saviour complex a mile wide. He craves it like a drug, but as time slowly slips away he becomes tired and less drawn to a weak female.  She's supposed to start rehab in a couple of weeks.  I hope for his and my nephew's sake, it takes this time. 

I tried to remind him that her pain is hers alone to fix.  She had the ability to heal, but she has to want to do it.  He can no longer ride in on his white horse to fix it all.  He cannot keep ding all the same enabling behaviours.  I'll be making some finger food , snacks and such and have them sent over in the afternoon to him.  Just to give him a bit of breathing room.  

The verdict is still out on my hair, I've been foolish enough to allow my stress levels to climb to such a point that it's falling at an alarming rate once again.  It hasn't been this bad in years.  I've only got a few strands of white here and there.  I wish that it would just go all white for me.  Going natural would rock.  It's been 6 months since I went ahead and bleached it all to bright white.  I still shampo it with a dark purple shampoo, it takes the brassy/yellow tone out.  I haven't yet decided what colour I want to throw onto it next.  Maybe I'll just go back to my mahogany red.  If only it would grow as fast as my waistline does then I'd really be pleased. 

No comments:

Post a Comment