Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Try Something New

I rather enjoy trying new things.  Of course where those new things are food related, all the better!  I had spotted a bag of cookies that reminded me of ones I used to make as a young girl.  I smiled and put them in my cart without much more though.  They'll be a nice little treat for Esme and I, I mused. Upon making it home and greeting everyone I was spoiled by Esme's comfort food night.  Inside outside grilled cheese!  These grilled sandwiches are a little decadent slice of heaven, and no you do not need more than one and you are stuffed, much like the sandwich.

We both laughed and reminisced about our days.  Touched on what were the New Years plans.  I made tea and grabbed our after dinner treat ready to relax and quite possibly nosh away on the entire bag of cookies while embracing a few hours of sloth.   I give Esme a bite of  cookie as she is prone to being difficult in getting to try new things.  The cookie was soft and chewy with toffee bits...the texture was a little different but overall I liked them!  Within 5 seconds Esme began making this face, that face that tells me shes about to be difficult.  Staring at me out of the corner of her eye, she lifted the package and began to read it.  My immediate response was "what!?!?"

Once again Esme can be difficult in the food department.  So when she began to smile my heart lifted in joy, as she said "I think I found my new favourite food."  I mentally gave myself a high 5, was impressed at her growth thinking to myself "oh cool she's really liking them..."
Her smile grew and her smartassed nature completely took over.  "Gluten. Gluten is my new favourite food."

That's my kid.



No comments:

Post a Comment