Sunday, April 23, 2017

Mid-Life Mom?

Someone told me I was a midlife mom today.  I'm not exactly sure what that means or what they meant by it, but it sounds even less appealing than being called a milf.  Then again I am completely stumped over all of this "midlife stuff" anyhow.  Sure I fully realize that I am in my mid 40's and rounding that corner to fabulous 50's, but everytime I hear someone mention "midlife" it always sounds so negative.  Why do we fight against aging with such ferocity?  We're so arrogant.  So afraid of aging, that we do everything we can to prevent it.  When will we accept that growing up and older into our authentic selves, with or without someone is a privilege afforded to so few that it's something to be cherished not feared?  Let's face it, even if we are all alone, we're all together in that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment