Monday, December 16, 2019

No Rest For The Wicked

No truer words were ever spoke.  House guests can be/are great.  Seeing those we haven't been allotted as much time with in the past as we'd have liked is wonderful, knowing they enjoy coming to stay and feel "at home" is also wonderful.  There are moments however when there happens to be one that tests your resolve.  Tries your patience, and makes that vein above your eye twitch.

Two days of them and I'm done.  Now let me preface with the fact that I am a night shift worker adjusting to being home and awake with my husband over the holidays.  It's a bit of a rough haul but worth it.  We are also rather quite for the most part.  We like laughter, and music, and are jokers to the core; however we do so without drama.  The guests have yet to manage that particular skill set.  Loud, disruptive (beyond what is expected) and as I am finding, demanding!

The guests seem to enjoy being up all hours of the night, and sleeping all day.  This would not be such an issue if we had more than one spare room.  A room that our one guest is using, while the other two have had to take up residence in the living room.  It's sofa city sweetheart.  Sofa's which remain occupied until 4 in the afternoon.  As such I enjoy sitting upon my bed all day, well between running back and forth making food that the guests then decide 10 minutes before the food is plated to leave and go get fast food.

Let me just reiterate, I.  Am.  Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment