Sunday, August 12, 2018

Papers

Certificates, outside of those that earn me a larger income or the possibility to earn a larger income, have never actually meant anything to me.  Those certificates or documentation that are by all rites a societal standard, birth, death, marriage, baptism to me are nothing more than a waste of paper.  They are for government use and bear no actual meaning to my life.  I know I am alive, I know whom I love, I know that I began dying the very day I was born as are we all; so why are these papers so important to so many.  Or is the better question why do so many require these papers to give their lives meaning or worth?

I am garnering that the marriage certificate is more important to Pirate than I had originally understood, if last nights comment is to be accepted at face value.  I am unsure at this moment how I actually feel or as how to proceed with the information I have.  As I've stated more than once now, I hold absolutely no importance in marriage licenses or documentation.  Far too many people believe that a marriage certificate magically creates a barrier for their partners, or the outside world.  Possibly both; in terms of stopping wandering eyes and infidelity.  Statistics have readily debunked that theory, as have countless episodes of Jerry Springer.       

Yet here I sit, contemplating the logistics of such documentation to please, or is it appease the man I love and the fact that he would prefer I have his last name, and not the current on upon my SIN card.


It's not an accidental entanglement; 
it's an intentional knot. Love belongs 
with belonging.   

No comments:

Post a Comment