Saturday, August 11, 2018

Serving the Baron




Baron Samedi aka: Baron Saturday my Loa, my friend.  It's that kind of Saturday already and it's only 10:51 am.

For the so called complicated woman that I am, I like my life exceptionally simple.  I dislike drama, and the tediousness of needy, self indulged people.  They almost always seem to require some life sucking, energy draining attention that just makes my trigger finger itch.  I lack patience and the understanding to deal effectively with such individuals.  That isn't to say that I am not going to be readily there for anyone whom requires true aid, I just refuse to enable or put up with those that act helpless but are anything but.

Why am I surrounded by so many of them?

Thankfully today the Baron has granted me life once more and the drive to continue on.  One day he will decide that it is time for me to join him.  Today however, isn't that day.  When my day comes I will greet him fondly with a cigar, rum, and some bawdy joke to make him laugh.  The Baron and I will be fast friends.

Until such time arises, I raise a glass and tip of the hat in him honour.    

No comments:

Post a Comment