Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Gorilla Glue and Boxed Dreams

I stopped by my friends today.  He's in the middle of packing to move way way far away.  I'm happy for him and sad for me but still smiling outwardly.  He totally gets it, which makes me just that much sadder.  Today was not a day for that sadness that envelopes you when a real friend, the kid that understands you, knows your darkness and still loves you is moving away.  Today was a day for helping and teasing, and laughing at the knowledge his apartment is totally on my side.

I swear his place is possessed and it totally gets how I feel about his moving away.  Not only does it understand how I feel but it's punishing him for leaving.  I walked through his place packing this and that, helping clean things as I went and his apartment seems to have taken on a life of it's own and is punishing him for leaving us soon because everything is breaking.  By the gods it's hilarious!  Well maybe for me, not so much for him.  It's not like he can just drop wads of cash left and right to fix shit either.  We all expect small stuff to break from time to time but in the last week, his lights went. ALL of them, and not just new bulbs needed kind of went.  Then his sturdy and well mounted curtain rods completely came crashing off the wall.  Like his apartment is throwing this hissy fit and shouting, "if you want to leave then just go now!!"  He's gotten to the point where he'll roll his eyes and just mutter, "fuck it all, whats next?"  So he's changing in the bathroom because the entire neighbourhood gets to see into any room all hours of the day.  I actually felt bad for a few minutes and thumbtacked a sheet up, but that too seemed to take it revenge and hoist it's self off the wall spraying thumbtacks everywhere.  Now not only is his flashing the neighbours but he's doing it in running shoes because we can't seem to find all the tacks until they are being stepped on. 

Last night he called me ranting about the freezer.  It, well it just quit freezing.  His coat closet door is jammed, and tank on the toilet has begun to crack.  It is as if literally everything in his apartment got together for a meeting of the minds and decided, "let's just fucking drive this traitor out of his mind."  and in a general consensus they said, "yes! and let's do it the week before he leaves. That'll teach him for abandoning us."

No comments:

Post a Comment