Saturday, March 11, 2017

Where the road ends



On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair 
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air 
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light 
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim 
I had to stop for the night. 
-Eagles


 There is a deep sense of peace driving through the desert.  It is so pervasive that it seeps deep into the core of your soul, and nourishes you like only a handful of things for me to date.  The isolation, the sounds, and the scent of the earth making you feel at one with the night.  Gazing up at the stars like fireflies swarming in the sky, breathtaking.  Listening to the life of the desert carry on the all too uncommon breeze, coyote's, frogs, owls, rodents, small mammals, the occasional rattle of sidewinders and hum of insects.  Driving until there's no more road, and dust is all that follows you.  Like being far out in deep waters, it is a place where you can loose and find yourself all within the same breath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment