Monday, March 20, 2017

I do so loathe double standards, and idiocy

For as far back as I can remember, I've always hated double standards.  Yet they pop up in daily life like flies seeking out shit to swarm around.  I remember the anger that boiled my blood the first time I saw a moronic (at best) youtuber, pro sexual assault promoter (in reality) post one of those videos where the guy runs around groping women, or forcing them to kiss him.  How I longed to reach through the screen and physically beat him to death with his own limbs.  His behavior while completely deplorable was not all that surprising.  What was surprising were those that found the actions funny, cool, acceptable, or exciting.  Every like had me homicidal.  There's little else outside of animal or child abuse that angers me more than sexual assault.  Yes even in a "parody video" that all in good fun!!

Are you fucking kidding me!

There's a new clip floating around instagram.  It's a "parody" of the women running around grabbing mens crotches.  You know which makes it okay.  Or at least that's the angry responses when I stand my ground and call it out as utter bullshit and openly state that promoting such things is fucking stupid.  One man seemed surprised and thought my response of, "the women filming themselves groping men should be charged with assault" was hilarious.  Saying that only I would claim such things.  Excuse me?  I cannot be the only human, gender here need not apply; who finds sexual assault unforgivable and certainly not funny in the least. 

Now you want to play devils advocate?  Okay lets.  I am not one above posting, saying, or standing up for things that others will find offensive.  So I am certainly open to having my thoughts picked apart just as readily as I will pick apart someone else's.  So let's see this video for what it is.  A parody.  Alright, it's a parody of another social injustice.  We've seen many parody's over the years, some funny, some tacky, some just plain dumb.  I however cannot find anything about sexual assault, parody worthy.  Do you really find it funny?  I cannot understand anyone whom does.

What's next parody's of rape?

No comments:

Post a Comment