Thursday, January 25, 2018

Change is good

Change of scenery, change of outlook, change of attitude, change of availability.  I have come to find it is a time for change.   I have been standing in the same place awaiting change; when know all along that change is up to me.  I have been complacent in my own joy.  In fact I have been far too complacent in a great many things, including friendships that are nothing more than a drain on who I am.  Its high time to correct that exceedingly small minded behaviour.

I am deeply ashamed that I have been far more of a spectator within my own story.  Stopping to regroup is always a good thing.  However just, stopping, that's shameful.  I recently took a chance.  It was worth the risk.  I have also recently come to realize that it was a complete failure.  Still I do not regret taking the chance.  I am however reminded that in doing so I was stunned at the failure.  It took a bit of wind out of my sails and has had me examining the cause and effect. 

In other words I became caught up in the "where did I go wrong mentality."  while I believe introspection is fantastic, if you become too caught up in it, it can take over far too much of your daily life.  Sometimes acceptance is the only rational choice.  As the saying goes, " when someone shows you who they truly are. Believe them." 


No comments:

Post a Comment