Thursday, April 5, 2007

Sleepy For A While

I was set to close my eyes and drift into the place between sleep and wakefulness, that beautiful place where everything is soft and just slightly out of focus. I tend to enjoy that momentary place of peace before I become dead to the world. It didn't work out like that though. Just as I entered into the realm of bliss I was shoved out of it with jarring clarity as the phone rang sharply beside my ear. It was time to get on the road and join the other million holiday travelers. Joy. To my surprise it ended up being a pretty fast road. The winds were hell in truth but I managed just fine. By nine thirty we were back and the laughter and lightheartedness seemed to seep out of every pore as we chatted and caught up with the past weeks events. For once I wasn't bitter about being pulled from my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment