Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Hi, I'm....

I like long walks on short beaches, the word coco butter, and men in uniform. I really like when the uniform is tossed on the floor without the man in it. I’m an gregarious introvert with poor punctuation and a sarcastic streak a mile wide. (Yes we know, we know, much like your Johnson.)

I had a plan. It was a good plan, a plan with arrows and graphs, and a happy face in the corner. There would have even been a moment or two for four part harmony…Well guess what? That plan of mine, the brilliant one? Yeah, it went up in flames and came down with me leaving and the ‘new girl’ moving in. Seven years, maybe we itched, I’m not sure of anything at the moment. We floundered, I got fed up and said what neither wanted to say. Love? Yes. But it isn’t always enough. I want and deserve more. Respect being a key term. That isn’t true either, I don’t want the ‘key term’ I want the practice application of the term and it’s full meaning. I am not worthless, nor am I a slut or a whore. I just play those on TV. We never had any children together. Small mercies
indeed.


I'm 33, I've got two children. One boy, one girl, 15 and 13; yes I can do the math too. I'm single again, and to be honest…I really like it. Okay I need to find a well hung 21 year old and get off every other night but that’ll come, like me; in time. S/he will have to be okay with tattoo's and body piercings. Technically, I’m still married. In Canada you have to be separated for a full year before filing for divorce. We’ve been living apart, with he in the US and me, not, since June of 2006. I asked for a divorce in January/February 2007. He screamed and yell about what a heartless bitch I was at 4:00am a week or so later via my cell phone. I listened, I waited until he was calm-er and did my level best to offer support. He was hurting. I get that. April 4, she became a permanent part of his life. I wish them well. Yes, really.


I know I’m happy for them, but I also think I’m a little numb. I was asked out on a date the other day, I responded with, “That isn’t possible, I’m still married.” Weird response; for a woman whom never really believed in marriage in the first place. I’m quirky like that. I love animals, some of them I like cooked. I do animal rescue in my off time. I work in a holistic center/gym, sometimes I want to throw crystals at people. I think people are basically good, but many are just really to dumb for words…(ouch the psycho-therapist here pinched me for that comment. Aversion therapy anyone?) She doesn’t like it when I call her clients, “crazy”, nor does she like it when I use “What about Bob” s a point of reference and whisper “baby steps” to her. We’re friends.


I had a student loan. Canadian Bonded Credits found me amusing and called me all the time. I paid off my student loan in full. I’m broke, and now I call Canadian Bonded Credits just to make sure they’re doing okay. My collection agent just had her 30th birthday. Her mom say’s “hi”. I have credit card, it’s paid off too, for now. I can’t make any promises in the future, see when I get my money other people get theirs. It’s the system, it sometimes works. I really like pie. Roy Orbison’s wife isn’t dead, she’s in hiding because her husbands voice was so bad. The Axe product line is... okay, I prefer the way Versace smells on my son though. My daughter thinks pink should be banned from every store. I once bought her a pink shirt and she said, “I know where you sleep.” I’ve never bought her pink again. She’s amazing. She plays basketball and pushes her brother’s buttons better than anyone I know. He plays football and pushes her buttons better than anyone I know.

She lives with me. He lives with his dad now, and I get him every weekend. His dad and I are best friends. He’s a good man, horrible cook, and can sleep like the dead through anything. He thinks I’m the strong one, I think he’s the good soul. His wife hates us both.

Alright that’s shall be enough for today. A little mystery in a relationship is good, plus I don’t want to write any more. I want a coffee and some chocolate, so I’m having hot tea and a power bar. Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment