Monday, August 29, 2016

Practice makes perfect?

I'm not certain  I actually subscribe to the notion of perfection. I feel, and have found that those striving for perfection in almost all cases loose sight of the important imperfections life has to offer. Broken can be beautiful. Pain can be liberating. Sorrow can bring clarity. Grief can be exquisite, and failure can be one of the strongest tools for education.

There is of course nothing wrong with wanting to be better. To do better. Yet in those moments of trying harder, accept your shortcomings as stepping stones and tools of betterment. I am unashamed to acknowledge I have failed spectacularly, as I am certain I shall again. The breadth and width of my life encompasses all experience. I shall always live life on my own terms, not by the expectations or limitations set before me by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment