Thursday, August 11, 2016

I want it all

Except you. I don't want you. You're insecure hiding behind your books and "free thinking" mantra. Its all a façade allowing you to ignore the fact you crave nothing but attention. It's such an utter disappointment to see someone with such potential fail at such basic qualities. We all fail from time to time, that's life. Yet to run scared from such things, that is most certainly disgraceful.

Perfection is a word thrown around by so many. Much like Paradise. Such things are seldom in places or people. I find they are in moments and experiences. Those feelings of elation, contentment, extacy, passion, lust and yes even in hatred and grief. Pure emotions, to me are oerfection. Far too often we humans hide behind well constructed walls of dank emotionless indecisive fearful behaviour. It bores me to tears.

Do any of you really believe that hiding how you truly feel is actually living? This fear of connection, fear of putting yourself out there, fear of being rejected. Fear. I don't do fear. Nor do I entertain the whims of those who grovel at its feet. Weakness like that is not appealing.

Love isn't for the weak. Its messy, and emotional, it takes hard work, and often times a leap of faith. You've got to be willing to risk the pain if you want to feel the joy. It won't be easy, or quiet. I cannot read your mind, nor can you read mine. Step up, man up, and be emotionally available if you want to spend time with me.

I will never suffer fools or cowards. You want me? Bring your A game.

2 comments:

  1. Love is one of the only socially accepted forms of insanity. You do the inane, stupid, redundant, lackluster, heart racing and questionable things all in the name of seeking a form of intimate praise that quenches an almost primal thirst. We see no wrong doing or evil for what it is, until the rose coloured blinders are pulled aside . However love tempers the heart and soul making them stronger. Love isn't for the weak, but by falling in love it creates strength on a personal level. If a woman or man has yet to find the way to love and kindle the fire, especially after their 20's; then they're beyond saving. You seem like a pretty intelligent and smart lady. I'd ditch the dead weight before it drags you down and extinguishes that fire of yours I can feel in your writing.

    ReplyDelete