Friday, September 23, 2016

I Don't Play Well With Others

I've managed to maintain a few good relationships over the years. I cannot say that I am the most attentive friend however. I adore my space and a great deal of it between myself and 99.9% of the population. I have a small fraction of those people that I allow in, whom I share a strong enough bond with that those whom need me, understand they can call upon me at any given moment and I will be there. Fewer still whom understand my locality to them is so strong that I will unleash hell upon earth should such things be required.  These are the people who understand me well enough to know that my privacy and actual personal time is so very precious that they forgive me a great deal.

I am in awe of those people. I could never begin to express my love and gratitude to them for accepting me as I am, no matter how difficult of a friend I am. My son and I are similar in a few of our mannerism and friendship maintenance; to a degree. He is better at staying in touch with some of his closers friends than I. Sometimes I do wonder if he ever gets pissed that I keep such poor contact with him. When we speak it's meaningful and the depth of our country versatile is something that reminds me of a touchstone. That undeniable place, feeling, and moment that reaffirms just who we are and why it is we are here on this earth.

Today I miss him more than I can express, and yet I am over the moon pleased to see the man he has become and continues to be. Here's to another year older, wiser, fuller, and filled with love baby boy. A better man I could not wish to know. Thank you for honouring me each and every day with who you are.

Happy birthday son.

No comments:

Post a Comment