Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Longing for waters

The beach makes everyone put their arms around each other’s waists. even the beaches with the icy cold sand in the middle of the night. you can’t help it. the wind tells you to do so. It seems a dogs age since I've stood before those vast waters and their ethereal grace. They soothe and cleanse, enliven and destroy with equal ease. My respect and love affair with large bodies of water began at a very early age, the joy and sheer freedom of just being as I floated, ran, sang, and danced through waves were a welcomed balm to any and all ailments. I would spend months surrounded by waters, when  had to leave; a part of me remained swimming between distant shores and delving beneath their tranquil depths.

I am haunted by water.


No comments:

Post a Comment