Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Something smells ... really bad

I'm teaching my neighbour how to cook. Well that was the plan anyhow. She began "cook" before I arrived, and in her own words "hey I found this recipe and it looked neat, so I'm giving it a whirl. Come see what I've done so far!" She said all this with a beaming smile, so proud of herself and her accomplishments thus far. I on the other hand since entering into the kitchen was battling the "fight or flight" urge for survival. It should be noted that fish in anything, outside of fish and chips, or a lovely fish bake/grill done with simplicity and appreciation of the delicate texture; well I find it completely abhorrent!

I being the kind hearted person that I am, steeled my nerves and hid my gag reflexes to leer over her...creation. "Oh my!...that looks....interesting." Was all I could muster with screaming like someone had just barfed upon my plate and tried to pass it off like raspberry truffle chocolate mousse cake. I'm not sure I can survive this... being helpful.

Would you eat deep fried fish with corn and avocado salsa quesadillas, topped with some kind of jizz white sauce?

Me either.

No comments:

Post a Comment