Thursday, June 16, 2016

He spoiled me

Some time early this morning, my eyes peeked open. A few seconds later, I shut them again. Then I realize the house is quiet and that I had woken up on my own. No blaring alarm, no demanding pets, no annoying texts. This hasn't happened in four whole months. I jump out of bed and grab my cell to see what time it is. I accidentally call to get my messages, "Shit, shit, shit!" I've had that phone a year and still have troubles getting it to hang up.

7:53am

his can't be right. I put Mako and Monster down at 12:30am. They should have been up almost 3 hours ago. Standing in the hallway, I listen to silence. I had that moment where you don't want to check which is quickly followed by a mad dash to the crates. I hear their light snores of truly tired pups. I sigh and slump my way over to the futon. I pull the blankets over me and up to my chest, roll to my right side- my favorite side on the futon. The side I never get to sleep on anymore because I'm always falling asleep sitting up.

Just when my eyes begin to close and my mind completely wanders to how this insanity ever occurred, LoneRider waltzes in the door with coffee in hand. "Morning sunshine!" I crack an eye open and what to my wondrous eyes did appear. LoneRider with vats of coffee and the statement that he'd already run and fed our vicious reindeer. We don't get moments like this often, but there he stood in all his gruff glory grinning at the state of my disheveled hair, big dog boxers and harley tank top. I couldn't help the groan that escaped my lips while a battle waged within between kicking his ass and thanking him for spoiling me. We opted to just cuddle and drink coffee.

His choice, not mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment