Friday, June 3, 2016

I was a pirate queen!

All my crew lay dead and dying.  Surveying the mass casualties before me, our battle had been hard fought but we'd been victorious! Or I had been victorious and they were simply cannon fodder. So I set out on my own, leaving her billowing sails behind. I had proved my notoriety to a ship and her crew, charmed her captain, climbed her mast and swung from her bow. I kissed the dark haired captain passionately even as the North winds mighty gale rose with anger, I saw cyclones, black in the sky, approaching and still I laughed.

Taking my hand the captain and I surged forth to ensconce ourselves within the safety of my own ship. The waves rose and beat against his proud vessel. Relentlessly rendering it nothing more than kindling. The rush of the wind, the spray of the angry see, and excitement of the battle caused me to laugh deeply. I laughed in sheer exhilaration gripping the captains hand tight to keep the dark water's foreboding at arms length.

We weathered the storm and near sunrise my own black ship, dropped sail and sailed on! We were bedraggled but alive, my arm around the dark haired captain's waist. Claiming all surviving crew as my own, I welcomed them to their new home. Then took the captain as my first mate and into my bed.


I woke longing for the life of a pirate queen's adventure I'd  never truly known, and wept for the crew I left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment