Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Mailbag

Hey Firefly,

Just wanted to say that I really enjoy reading your blog. I hope you don't mind my asking, however you have mentioned your "hellhound's" a few times, have you always had pets like these and how long have you been working with dogs in need of help?

Thanks,

  Shane

Hello Shane,

Dogs. My life has always been filled with dogs.  From shortly after my birth to present day. Dog's and their well being have always been my life. I have rescued as far back as I can remember, it became more...driven when living in the US.  I saw how quickly and easily animals were discarded and it broke my heart. I worked recovery after a few dog fighting rings had been raided and that was the nail in the coffin for me. I never wanted to feel so fucking helpless ever again.  From that day forward I became a rather loud voice for change and for compassion coupled with education.  I will always have dogs, but I have a menagerie of other animals too. 




Hey Jade,

Gotta say I totally dig your style. You joke a bit about being single and dating. Are you currently single? And would you every date someone you met online? What do you look for in a man?

Hope to hear from you.

Dom


Hola! Dom,

Well thank you.  I joke a lot about my single and unchanging status. It is after all rather funny. I have dated men and women I met online although we joke and claim we met in jail. (I have never been arrested) Now your last question is a long and winding a road as there could ever be. What I look for in a partner is someone genuine. Someone whom loves animals and can handle my advocacy of them. In short don't be an asshole, or at the very least be an asshole I can get on with. In a man, I seek someone dominant, who can support me emotionally and mentally yet not hesitate to call me out on my shit. Someone with backbone, and a heart of gold.  Simple stuff right?

No comments:

Post a Comment