Saturday, July 30, 2016

A Moment of Retail Hell


Hello welcome to ____, 

How can we help you this evening? 

Do you work here?..... (Naww. I really just enjoy wearing the polyester vest with xyz dog food company logo on it.) Yes ma'am I certainly do, how can I assist you this evening? 

What is this? (Slaps those 5 kibble into my hand)

( Am I drunk? I don't remember drinking? Is she drunk? Oh she's staring, adjust the look, appear kind and remove the snark bubbling on the tip of your tongue Jade) did you mean what brand of kibble (of the 100s of brands out there) ma'am?

Oh ya, I can't remember what I feed my dog, she's a small white fluffy thing.

Oh did you just get a new puppy? (Smile encouragingly)

Oh no! She's 7..... (OH COME ON!!! shhhh just smile jade don't say it. Do not say it) OK, is this the food she's always eaten?

Oh yeah I've never changed her food. Should I?.... (This is gonna take foreeevverrrr )

Alright, I've a good idea which brand this is, let me show you the bag and see if that jogs your memory . ... Well that picture doesn't look like my dog but the kibble looks the same , does that help?..... (About as much as me growing a third nipple) 

That's OK ma'am the image of the dog is unimportant. I do believe xyz is the brand you use, this is it right here.

OK cool, you're good! 

( You've no idea how close you came to dying tonight ma'am)

No comments:

Post a Comment